Wednesday, April 07, 2010

What greater things can I achieve in this lifetime

... than to have an incredible dream out of an inspiration from a special mentor...

... to make a crucial decision to fulfill that dream, which almost jeopardized my life's first theme...


... to tell my skeptic parents about this decision and make it really happen in front of their eyes...

... to sacrifice significant amounts of time, effort and resources just to make that dream come to life...

... to have friends along the way who share that common dream...

... to meet other great mentors in the process of learning how to achieve it...

... to sometimes face reality about my limitations and hindrances in fulfilling it...

... to break away from those obstacles and make miracles in the progress...

... to slowly evolve from an amateur pupil to an able musician...


... and finally to play the violin beautifully for the wedding of my first violin mentor as gratitude and tribute for the inspiration that she gave me, to be a violinist, right from the very beginning?

There's no other great thing that I can possibly achieve in this lifetime than to pay the graces back to the people I owe my impossible aspirations to...

... except perhaps for paying them forward to others who would aspire for impossible things the same way as I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one, Charves! music, particularly playing the violin, really does you a lot of good. thank you for sharing the feeling of being where you are now, i feel your sense of fulfillment and you have your music to thank for that (and your mentor!) :) you are one blessed soul ;) --Mean

Charvie said...

Thanks Mean. I'm just that happy that I can't help writing something about it. Sabi nga ni Mam Jamilla Borja, from a movie, we have to pay it forward. Pero hindi pa tapos ang endeavors, malayo pa ang kailangan marating...